In this article l would like discuss the characteristics of outsourcing web application development, as well as its advantages and disadvantages.
Today, outsourcing is one of the modern branches of the division of labor. A company usually resorts to outsourcing in situations when it’s necessary to perform a certain amount of work, which is non-core or secondary for the company. Outsourcing has become commonplace in the sphere of information technologies.
You can find dozens of outsourcing companies in your local market but what if none of them meets all the requirements of your project? Working with outsourcing company may provide many advantages that your local market just doesn’t have. These may include better prices, timing and quality, which is sometimes even higher than in your local market. But when figuring whether or not you want to outsource web development, you need to have a clear understanding of how it can benefit your business as well as what any possible negative consequences are.
- Benefits of outsourcing web application development.
- The main advantage of outsourcing web application development is, of course, cost reduction.
- This resources that can be used for new development opportunities for your company.
- Outsourcing help you saves time. When outsourcing such a project, a client does not waste time and money on hiring, training and retaining employees.
- If the outsourcing company has been working for a long time and has established itself as a reputable company, in most cases, you can be sure that its employees are professionals and have a lot of experience.
- You hire an experienced, well-coordinated and dedicated team. Well-established outsourcing companies offer fully staffed and dedicated teams of developers where team members most likely have known each other for a long time and worked together on many projects.
- Risk reduction. After the signing of the contract, all project risks are transferred to the outsourcing company. Typically, an outsourcing company guarantees delivery on time and on budget. But if something goes wrong, the client can terminate the contract at any time with money-back guarantee.
Potential risks of outsourcing web application development and how to reduce them.
- Confidential information leakage. When outsourcing part of the project or an entire project, the client will inevitably trust the outsourcing company with a certain amount of its sensitive data, and more crucially, sensitive data of its own customers. There is also the risk of a “project theft”. These risks can be reduced by taking appropriate legal and organizational measures, such as signing a non-disclosure agreement.
- Lack of quality control.But responsiveness of an in-house team is usually higher. However, the use of modern means of business communication such as video conferencing minimizes all possible inconveniences.